TMTYL

Fri Jul 4 10:29:19 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 09:44:32AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> so while you guys get the technical part all patched up how's about this:
> return to original mission statement:  band is a black nightmare out to make
> people's head's and sphincters explode....
> slap governments in face and reduce to little schoolgirls....

	This is one of those things where people seem to remember it
different, innit, most especially Lemmy and Nik, though I was listening
to _1999 Party_ last night, with Nik doing his best menace over
`Warriors at the Edge of Time' and thinking: "Nah. You were into the
scary schtick then, mate, you just don't want to remember it that way".
Which may be unfair, but it doesn't sound it on that recording.

> my comment about Silver Machine popping up meant this to me: Lemmy is on
> good terms with band......?

	Unless my ears deceive me, that's not a new recording of Lemmy
on TMYTF's `Silver Machine' alas, it's the old single mixed into the
main recording. Yours,
			Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk