HW: TMTYL

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Jul 4 10:41:35 EDT 2008

On 04 Jul 2008, at 08:49 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> Compare that to the Motörhead-like work ethic of Bedouin, which
> Alan once expressed to me as being ready and able to record all the
> songs first take, because you know them and you can and you may not
> have
> long in the studio, and it's easy to see how he and the Captain could
> have a difference of opinion about how long it should take to make an
> album...

Good point!

Though, from what I've heard of Gunslinger, they should have taken a
bit a few more minutes in the studio to bring the drums up a bit.
Alan's bass is perhaps a bit _too_ over powering!  (Did I really say
that? Shame on me! ;)  No, really, since Gunslinger's musical ethic/
vibe is pretty strongly derived from that of Motorhead, if you listen
to the GS tracks alongside a recent MH track, GS is a bit "spacier",
but mostly I notice Mickey Dee's snare much fatter and more present
in the mix.  Ah well, splitting hairs perhaps (if not snares .....)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson