(OFF BABBLE)Re: TMTYL

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 23 07:18:19 EDT 2008

I've never been a fan of the Dead, but as someone who's been wasting his time and money playing Rock Band lately, I have to say those weird little jangly trippy jammy tunes are fun as hell to play on a fake plastic scale model stratocaster.  :)

Btw, so is Don't Fear the Reaper.  :)

Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM>
Date: Tuesday, Jul 22, 2008 7:55 pm
Subject: (OFF BABBLE)Re: TMTYL
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

that's it, I'm prepared to declare the dead the "stupidest band in world history", and to personally torture each remaning member until they are worthless for anything other than the geriatric towers.....you know, where Trev lives now.....
well, my hillage video's almost down on youtube,,,,,,gotta go

On 7/22/08, Mary Sullivan <maryann.sullivan1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
 Do you have any links, or copies of interviews with Lemmy dealing with the
 psychoacoustics
 they played with back then.  Dave is certainly a master at inducing certain
 states through sound.  You may not be into them, but The Dead were into
 that
 sort of thing, too, and the subject has always fascinated me.
 I'm a psychology major, but don't have the grounding to learn much about
 psychacoustics, I guess there's a note called the Brown Note, that the Dead
 knew about that can literally make an entire group of people shit their
 pants.  That's 1 way of doing a sonic attack, I trust Hawkwind with their
 use of such powerful knowledge.  Please, if you, or anyone else has anymore
 info on the interviews, or psychoacoustics, let me know?

> Many thanks

> Kaduflyer

> P.S.  I'm trying to mend my wings right now, it's going to take a while.
 Thanks to Hawkwind, and everyone on both the Yahoo and BOC groups for the
 support I've been given during the worst time of my life.