TMTYL

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Jul 24 11:01:11 EDT 2008

I wish I  could get more into commics, people always told me that the
graphic stuff is integrated with the plot, and I love X-men, The late Larry
Boyd gave me a book containing all 9 comics of the story of The Pheonix
since he knew I thought Jean Gray was really cool, and of course, he knew
about my interest in telepathy.

Happy trailsto you all,

Kaduflyer

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Steve Swann
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:50 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: TMTYL

Apologies for the lack of context there - Warren Ellis is a comic writer,
sometimes called the Internet Jesus.  :)  He is widely considered to be a
peer of such comics luminaries as Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman.

You could google for his "Edison Hate Future" one panel comics - they all
feature the exact same visual, which is a classic black and white drawing of
Thomas Edison sitting next to some device (presumably his first telephone
prototype), with tubes/wires going into his ears from the machine, and an
oddly intense expression on his face.  For a while Ellis was writing a new
caption for that drawing every few weeks.  Some of them are excruciatingly
funny if you're at all up on pop culture and internet trends, and have a
slightly sick sense of humor.  :)

Steve