Off: AMON DUUL question

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 31 16:12:44 EDT 2008

CM asks...

> they are so obscure and are now being remastered. these are
> the other ADUK ones on my wantlist:
>
> Amon Düül (UK) - Fool Moon (CD)

This was the last one I think...from what I remember, not so interesting.  I assume it is still Anderson at the helm, but IIRC Weinzierl didn't even participate on this one...another bunch of friends and relations of the Demi Monde studio family...I think Gavin Griffiths, early Ozric member, appears on this one.  Maybe Joie too?  And a bunch of "Who?"

> Amon Düül (UK) - Meeting With Menmachines (CD)

I don't have the CD, but I used to own the vinyl, which had a similar title (longer...MWM Inglorious Heroes of the Past or something).  With Ms. Waring on vocals...mostly lousy poppy tunes with her, um, interesting voice.  I mean, she's pretty annoying.

> Amon Düül (UK) - Experimente (CD)

This is a pre-1970 Amon Duul (I) release I believe...not an AD-UK one at all.  Correct me if I am wrong.

> Amon Düül (UK) - Airs On A Shoestring (CD)

This is another Anderson/Weinzierl/Evans/Waring CD, but mostly a compilation of stuff from HMP and MWM.  But it contains the cool long improv track from HMP ("something...two pints of blood" or whatever it is) with Waring only doing "space whisper" (so she's not so annoying here), and a similar long improv piece (quite interesting) "Olaf, where's my $20,000?" which I think is exclusive to this release.  So I would recommend finding just this one, and forgetting these other three AD-UK CDs (well, assuming you already have the Calvert one).  These two tracks are the only interesting things they did with Waring IMHO...mostly because she just kept her mouth shut for the most part.  :)

Grakkl (Bornich, Rheinland-Pfalz)