BOC: contemporary review of Imaginos CD re-release.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Jun 10 10:47:38 EDT 2008

On 10 Jun 2008, at 09:09 , gary shindler wrote:
> Stalk Forrest Group was on Rhino Handmade because they were
> contracted to Elektra. Up through "Imaginos" BOC was contracted to
> Columbia/CBS/Sony. Just about everything you see on Rhino was on
> Warner Brothers, Elektra, Atlantic, Atco, Reprise, etc. It would be
> real hard to see that flying.

Hmm, good point.  I knew Rhino had a lot of Warners stuff, but I
hadn't made the connection to that stable of labels.

Still, even if Sandy mixed the original tapes half to death, I can't
help but think some judicious re-EQing of the stereo master would
help somewhat.  And we know the bonus material is out there ... :)

IMO, the "Imaginos mythos" material stands behind most of the most
compelling work from the Wide World o' BOC, and it's a crime against
culture that the _Imaginos_ album itself languishes in semi-birthed
obscurity.

Cheers,
Carl

--