BOC: contemporary review of Imaginos CD re-release.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jun 11 12:21:50 EDT 2008

On 11 Jun 2008, at 09:28 , Mike Montfort wrote:
> Well I thought that the last live and two previous Studio albums
> from 2OC
> were quite good actually. I don't look at those last three as back
> catalog.

Well, completely leaving aside the issue of how good any of them
were, it has been some 7 years since the last studio album, no?  Even
latter Metallica is scarcely so slow ... ;)

And though I'm not one of those people who doesn't count live albums
as "real" even _Long Day's Night_ was in 2002 (and contains no
previously unrecorded songs, though at least it included one track
from _CotHM_).

How long does it take until something becomes back catalog? :)  Or
are only a band's "original lineup" albums qualified for the back
catalog?  (Though calculating that then becomes complicated for bands
whose lineups changed with relative frequency, like say the Allman
Brothers or Jethro Tull ... or Hawkwind! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson