BOC: contemporary review of Imaginos CD re-release.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jun 11 12:58:44 EDT 2008

On 11 Jun 2008, at 11:40 , Mike Montfort wrote:
> I believe the term refers to whether they go through the first few
> pressings... so I'm gonna figure that those are probably not back
> catalog
> yet lol

;)

> How long did BOC go the last time?  So considering they are touring
> almost
> constantly here in the US, and Alan's health issues Id say 7 yrs
> was not
> that big of a deal. Besides the model of today's small band is live
> live
> live.. maybe do a studio, but they don't make any money now a days
> with
> CD's. 2OC cold make a good living the rest of their careers and
> never make
> another studio.  I would find that personally very disappointing
> however.

I agree that Buck remains a great guitar player, and that many acts
-- both big and small -- are increasingly finding that they make more
money on tour than they make with recordings.  (Hey, I'm an old
Grateful Dead fan, so it makes sense to me! ;)

But, on the other hand, without even meaning to, I usually find
myself starting to lose interest when an artist doesn't either have
new stuff or promise a show that's bound to surprise me (good or
bad).  It's been probably 2002 or 2003 since I last saw BOC, so I
might go and see them again if they came my way (not that this is
likely!), though thereafter it might be a good while before I went
out to see them again.  There are, after all, lots of good bands and
some of them might have more material I haven't heard loads of time
already, or be likely to present old stuff in a way that jerks my
attention back into the present -- and I'd be more likely to see one
of those.

Naturally, if whatever incarnation BOC came out with a raging new
album, I wouldn't care who was in the band -- a raging new album is a
raging new album, after all.  But I'm not holding my breath on Buck
and Eric's account. :/

Cheers,
Carl

--