BOC: Anedote about Rush v. Godzilla

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 18 16:13:02 EDT 2008

oh god I just can't shut up.....
Rush, the band i saw every single show every single tour until they started
singing "we're not the priests, of the temples of syrinx", got the haircuts,
and worst of all...Geddy's hand puppetry on "spirit of radio" was it???
all these Canadian trios,,,,,,,and 2 with Rush in the title??  but anyway, I
used to get so pissed off that they couldn't have their pyrotechnics in
Dallas due to the fire ordinances
but my reasons for this mail: when  I was in Boston likely over 20 years
ago, shopping for Hawkwind and Motorhead, I came across a bootleg tape of
Rush using the name of "the electric ladies"....what in hell was that
about???
also, I thought Alex sounded more like Steven Wilson than Steven Wilson on
"Fear Of Blank Planet"

lastly, they look so freeking "clean", at least Neil and Alex it frightens
but I go now to read about them as my interest got sparked.......