TMTYL

Ian Abrahams ianabrahams1 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Jun 23 09:46:54 EDT 2008

Yes, quite right Steve, I was just taking Bridget's departure as the starting point for them 'officially' being a three-piece though you're right, they were a 3-piece earlier in 91 for the American tour.

--- On Mon, 6/23/08, Steve Youles <youless at COX.NET> wrote:

From: Steve Youles <youless at COX.NET>
Subject: Re: TMTYL
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 2:42 PM

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:57:20 +0000, Ian Abrahams
<ianabrahams1 at YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote:

>They were a three-piece from the end of August 1991, when Bridget played
her last gig with them at Exeter, until Ron Tree joined on the US tour of 1995.

>Ian

...all true, but for the North American tour they did in May 1991, the band
consisted of the core Brock / Davey / Chadwick trio.  In fact Mr. Swann first
mentioned having seen them at the Hideaway Club in Ontario, and I have the
following listing for that gig:

Date:  17/5/1991           Musicians: Dave Brock
Town:  St. Catherines                 Alan Davey
Venue: Hideaway                       Richard Chadwick
Set:   Intro; Needle Gun; Treadmill; Time We Left; Heads; Time We Left;
       Starflight; Ejection; Master Of The Universe; Blue Shift; Brainstorm;
       Snake Dance; Night Of The Hawks; Levitation; Instrumental; Right Stuff;
       Golden Void; Hassan-i-Sahba

They played that venue again in 1995 with the same trio + Ron Tree.  But
going back to 1991, the line-up was pretty fluid with a European tour in March
& April of the Bemand / Bainbridge / Wishart / Davey / Chadwick band, then
the aforementioned trio doing the USA & Canada in May 1991, followed by
Brock / Davey / Chadwick / Wishart playing a few dates around the UK in July
& August.  After which they reverted to the core trio for additional tours
of
Europe (Sep-Oct) and the UK (Dec).  What a schedule!

Steve