TMTYL

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 23 10:00:51 EDT 2008

Yeah that would have been the show!  And for what it's worth, the encore of Hassan I Sahba was one of the rockingest things I have ever heard.  The audience was still singing the refrain as they started spilling out into the parking lot, slightly freaking out the cops on hand (though I'm sure not nearly so much as it would freak them out *these* days to hear a bunch of wild youths chanting in Arabic). :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Youles <youless at COX.NET>
Date: Monday, Jun 23, 2008 9:45 am
Subject: Re: TMTYL
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:57:20 +0000, Ian Abrahams
<ianabrahams1 at YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote:

>They were a three-piece from the end of August 1991, when Bridget played
her last gig with them at Exeter, until Ron Tree joined on the US tour of 1995.

>Ian

..all true, but for the North American tour they did in May 1991, the band
consisted of the core Brock / Davey / Chadwick trio.  In fact Mr. Swann first
mentioned having seen them at the Hideaway Club in Ontario, and I have the
following listing for that gig:

Date:  17/5/1991           Musicians: Dave Brock
Town:  St. Catherines                 Alan Davey
Venue: Hideaway                       Richard Chadwick
Set:   Intro; Needle Gun; Treadmill; Time We Left; Heads; Time We Left;
       Starflight; Ejection; Master Of The Universe; Blue Shift; Brainstorm;
       Snake Dance; Night Of The Hawks; Levitation; Instrumental; Right Stuff;
       Golden Void; Hassan-i-Sahba

They played that venue again in 1995 with the same trio + Ron Tree.  But
going back to 1991, the line-up was pretty fluid with a European tour in March
& April of the Bemand / Bainbridge / Wishart / Davey / Chadwick band, then
the aforementioned trio doing the USA & Canada in May 1991, followed by
Brock / Davey / Chadwick / Wishart playing a few dates around the UK in July
& August.  After which they reverted to the core trio for additional tours of
Europe (Sep-Oct) and the UK (Dec).  What a schedule!

Steve