BOC: contemporary review of Imaginos CD re-release.

Tue Jun 24 13:10:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:21:50AM -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> Well, completely leaving aside the issue of how good any of them
> were, it has been some 7 years since the last studio album, no?  Even
> latter Metallica is scarcely so slow ... ;)

	Oh, someone already did the numbers, I'm sorry...

	<snip>

> How long does it take until something becomes back catalog? :)  Or
> are only a band's "original lineup" albums qualified for the back
> catalog?  (Though calculating that then becomes complicated for bands
> whose lineups changed with relative frequency, like say the Allman
> Brothers or Jethro Tull ... or Hawkwind! :)

	Would it be harsh to suggest that something's back catalogue,
either when it's not the most recent album, or when its songs are
dropped from the setlist, whichever happens sooner? Because they did two
songs from _Heaven Forbid_ in London but none from CotHM. Have they done
anything from it this tour? Yours,
				   Jon

ObCD: Meatpuppets - _Live in Montana_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk