OFF: Farflung - A Wound in Eternity

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 21 05:42:21 EDT 2008

Hi Folks...

It's been a while since I've been by to say hello, so
hello.  Hope to make it to Hawkfest this summer, but
can't be sure about much of anything.

I just wanted to point your attention briefly to
stonerrock.com, where they have announced the imminent
release (May) of Farflung's newest studio album, A
Wound in Eternity.  I have been enjoying this album
immensely on my iPod these last several months (don't
ask), and think it is easily their best since the
first one, and that one of course is a classic.

It says there in the note about the MeteorCity
release, that there will be some sort of deluxe
edition as well...does that include any sort of extra
tracks, or just some kind of special packaging?
Anyone in the know?  Jerry?  Buehler?

Grakkl (Bad Buchau am Federsee, Baden-Württemberg, wo
es schneit)

P.S.  Who's going to Roadburn?  (Sadly, I'm not.)
Somebody let me know how Earthless come across in
concert.  Cool band.  Are they doing any other shows
in Europe?...their myspace page doesn't even seem to
list Roadburn.   BTW, any Roadburngoers that don't
know My Sleeping Karma must *absolutely* check this
band out...they were the best band I saw at last
year's Burg Herzberg fest.  Also BTW, this year's
Herzberg lineup is virtually complete, and includes
lots of great bands like Litmus, ColourHaze, Saturnia,
Guru Guru, Korai Orom, etc. and oddly still has one
prime slot (Friday 11 PM on the main stage) not yet
filled in...presumably waiting for confirmation from
some bigger name act...I wonder who it might be.
Could it be perhaps somebody like Porcupine Tree,
or....?