hawkwind minit tour

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Mon Mar 31 13:54:25 EDT 2008

Others are usually much better at this than me, but
here's my take on the Preston and Manchester gigs...

Set list (in the wrong order, but I think I captured
everything)

 Intro - Black Corridor
 Aerospace Age Inferno
 Space Love
 New Instrumental/The Awakening
 Orgone Accumulator/You know your only Dreaming Robot
 Lighthouse Paradox
 Abducted
 Alien I am
 Master of the Universe/Time we
 Left
 Age of the Micro-man
 Magnu/Brainbox Pollution
 Arrival in Utopia
 Sonic Attack
 Damnation Alley

 ******
> Flying Doctor
> Silver Machine

Line up -

Dave
Richard
Jason
Dibs
Tim

They were great gigs - Preston had the better sound
IMHO - maybe cos it wasn't as loud. Also the lightshow
as Preston seemed much brighter and sharper for some
reason.

This is a very stong strong line-up. Very good
musicians who are working well together.

Highlights - It was all good. Really! but if I had to
choose....

Wonderfully arranged Micro-Man
great keyboards and guitar. I hope this stays in the
set for long time! I also really liked the animation
which accompanied this track - space craft taking off
from rail tracks (like Fireball XL5 - Great Stuff!)

Space Love - could be a good single.

Magnu - Very strong. Good to hear Dibs doing the 'a
burning brand was seen to fall...." bit as this has
been left out in the past.

Damnation Alley - part 2 was great. Jason's opening
keyboards reminicent of the orginal

Light Show - this just gets better every tour!!

No low points - well Orgone Accumulator is played a
little too fast for me, but I' aint complaining!!

Cheers,

Mick

--- "bernhard.pospiech"