HW: hawkwind mini tour

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 31 14:08:51 EDT 2008

Mick wrote...

> Wonderfully arranged Micro-Man
> great keyboards and guitar. I hope this stays in the
> set for long time!

Seconded...in fact, it was last in the set in 1995 (?)
during the US/Canada tour, but only for the first two
gigs or so (Toronto and Buffalo or something), and
then was immediately replaced and never to be heard
from again, well until this past week (I think).  This
time, I *really* hope it stays a long time (not
necessarily AoA-long, but...), and we get a live
recording of it on an official CD...Dave's voice works
really well on this song IMHO.  And I can see how
maybe this one is a track where Jason's loungy-jazz
noodling e-piano might work out nicely, in particular.

> Space Love - could be a good single.

Yeah, this one had a nice Brockian riff to it....the
title and the subject rehashing make me cringe a
little...could we have a new theme now too?  Is that
too much to ask?  :)  I don't want to criticise too
harshly...the December shows were really good, and
this set (nearly the same but for Magnu (great!) and
Micro Man (greater!) being added) a bit better even.
Any new song in addition, esp. an obvious Brock
composition is icing on the cake...but Angela Android,
Love in Space, Space Love...OK, enough with this
theme!  :)

> Light Show - this just gets better every tour!!

Another new track?  :)

Thanks for the review...us folks in Germany appreciate
it.  :)

Grakkl