hawkwind minit tour

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Mar 31 14:12:23 EDT 2008

Great!!

Looking forward to hear a recording from at least one show.

There are some of me all time favorites....

Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Michael Crook
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:54 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: hawkwind minit tour

Others are usually much better at this than me, but here's my take on the
Preston and Manchester gigs...

Set list (in the wrong order, but I think I captured
everything)

 Intro - Black Corridor
 Aerospace Age Inferno
 Space Love
 New Instrumental/The Awakening
 Orgone Accumulator/You know your only Dreaming Robot  Lighthouse Paradox
Abducted  Alien I am  Master of the Universe/Time we  Left  Age of the
Micro-man  Magnu/Brainbox Pollution  Arrival in Utopia  Sonic Attack
Damnation Alley

 ******
> Flying Doctor
> Silver Machine

Line up -

Dave
Richard
Jason
Dibs
Tim

They were great gigs - Preston had the better sound IMHO - maybe cos it
wasn't as loud. Also the lightshow as Preston seemed much brighter and
sharper for some reason.

This is a very stong strong line-up. Very good musicians who are working
well together.

Highlights - It was all good. Really! but if I had to choose....

Wonderfully arranged Micro-Man
great keyboards and guitar. I hope this stays in the set for long time! I
also really liked the animation which accompanied this track - space craft
taking off from rail tracks (like Fireball XL5 - Great Stuff!)

Space Love - could be a good single.

Magnu - Very strong. Good to hear Dibs doing the 'a burning brand was seen
to fall...." bit as this has been left out in the past.

Damnation Alley - part 2 was great. Jason's opening keyboards reminicent of
the orginal

Light Show - this just gets better every tour!!

No low points - well Orgone Accumulator is played a little too fast for me,
but I' aint complaining!!

Cheers,

Mick

--- "bernhard.pospiech"