BOC Fans Weekend

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Nov 20 14:43:04 EST 2008

I'd hoped to be at the show in Conneticut on Saturday, but my ride fell
through.  I'm glad fans in NY and NJ had such a special treat.

Kaduflyer

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Swartz, John A.
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:51 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: BOC Fans Weekend

For those of us still here that listen to BOC, I hear last weekend was
quite the happening in the NY/NJ area for  BOC fans.  I wish I could
say I was there, but alas, I was not.  But, here's some information I
gleaned from the BOC Fans forum at www.bocfans.com:

The weekend festivities were kicked off on the 15th at Le Royale Club
on 7th Ave South in New York City.  A free show was held by "Blue
Coupe", otherwise known as Alice Cooper Group co-founder Dennis Dunaway
and the infamous Brothers Bouchard (Albert and Joe) of Blue Oyster
Cult, with a few guests (including tBS bassist Dave Hirschberg, I
believe brother Jim Bouchard, X Brother Andy Hilfiger, and SWU vocalist
Les Braunstein!).  Here's the setlist, according to none other than Joe
Bouchard:

1. Which Road is Mine (Acoustic, with Bobby MacDougal on slide guitar)
2. Kickin' A Can (Acoustic, a song by Jim Bouchard, with Bobby
MacDougal on slide and harp, Albert joins in on drums halfway through)
3. Under my Wheels
4. Cities on Flame
5. Caught in a Dream
6. Vampire Night
7. Love's a Killer
8. Black Juju (Dennis on vocal)
9. Dark Boat (from Jukebox in My Head Solo CD)
10. Nosferatu
UNDERBELLY SONGS (adding Les on Vocals, David Hirschberg on bass, and
Adrian Romero on guitar)
11. Dark Angel
12. Astronomy
13. Rational Pasional (from 1967 with updated lyric by Les)
14. The Red and The Black
WITH ANDY HILFIGER ON BASS
15. Tattoo Vampire (with Deek Eisenhart on guitar)
16. Hot Rails
17. Dominance & Submission
DENNIS BACK ON BASS FOR:
18. Schools Out
19. Reaper (sans cowbell - we forgot!)

Even though it was on the setlist, we had no time for Godzilla. Next
time.

Then, on the following night, BOC played a "fans only" show in Hoboken,
NJ - that is, a group of fans got together and basically hired the band
to play fan-requested songs.  The over 3 hour setlist consisted of the
following (not sure of the order):

Summer of Love
OD'd on Life Itself
Teen Archer