Hawkwind Direct

Colin Allen colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Nov 26 05:21:27 EST 2008

Unfortunately, these are not really good soundboard recordings; they are muddy soundboard recordings which sound like they have been transferred from mult-generational tape copies.  It is a real shame as there ARE great copies of these recordings out there.

--- On Wed, 26/11/08, SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at HAGEDORN.DK> wrote:

From: SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at HAGEDORN.DK>
Subject: Hawkwind Direct
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Date: Wednesday, 26 November, 2008, 10:10 AM

hello

Interesting that these really good soundboard recordings (Reading 1992) and
Minneapolis 1989 are coming out officially. Both are excellent shows. It is
highly unlikely that the minneapolis is from Chris Bruce's master recording.
I made a cassette copy directly from the master at his apartment in Cambridge
back in 1994. I am not sure how many people he made direct copies for but a few
for sure. Only 1 person on this list got my copy.

Great show...

I would love to see a decent quality DVD released from the 1992 UK tour as the
light show was amazing and these small teepee's the band members were in,
etc.. You could probably sync up the audio from Reading 1992 as all the music on
this tour was more or less sequenced due to the band being a three piece. Great
tour.. wish I had seen it live...

scott

ObLP- Ozric Tentacles- Erpland