Hawkwind - Return Of The Legendary Space Rangers

iainferguson at AOL.COM iainferguson at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 26 11:36:07 EST 2008

Looks like all the other record companies who have hawkwind catalogues are trying to get in and sell CD's off the back of the Atomhenge series....

I know a buddy of mine bought something 2 weeks ago thinking it was from the new series... had to give him the bad news....

So I'd say expect all the usual CR*P to get another dirty airing whilst the back catalogue gets released...

Still with any luck it will kick EMI into actually getting Warriors released in newly remastered spangliness. Got a copy on CD now, but it was which is more evil the boot from e-bay or quality MP3 via P2P... So I went the Boot route cos at least there more chance of them getting caught and the band getting some royalties....

Chuurs loike - now where's me cider

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bottomley <daveb10000 at NTLWORLD.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 4:28 pm
Subject: Re: Hawkwind - Return Of The Legendary Space Rangers

This looks like a compilation of Voiceprint material. I haven't heard it,
but would guess that tracks 1 & 2 are from Weird Vol 3 (2 aka "Elements"). 3
through 7 from Atomhenge 76. 8 through 12 are the Sonic Assassins tracks
found on Weird Vol 1 (amongst others). The last 2 I'm not sure about. MotU
could be the Greasy Truckers version as per Weird Vol 6 & the version of
Silver Machine may be the Yuri Gagarin version - both are the right sort of
length, anyway.

I'd very much doubt if it's necessary for anyone other than True Kollectors.

Hope this helps a little.

Dave