Hawkwind - Return Of The Legendary Space Rangers

Steve Youles youless at COX.NET
Thu Nov 27 00:23:19 EST 2008

To spare the annoyance of those who may have already seen the discussion
of this on the Hawkwindforum, I won't rehash the argument in full - it's at the
following URL:

http://hawkwindforum.freeforums.org/hawkwind-return-of-the-legendary-
space-rangers-t1118.html

In brief, IMHO this album is a recompilation of previously released material
drawn from Weird 103, Atomhenge 76 and Weird 101 (the Sonic Assassins
tracks recorded live at Barnstaple Queens Hall). All of these were also on the
2003 compilation Welcome To The Future, released by Shakedown Records.

Then there are the two closing tracks.  I think Master Of The Universe was
lifted from Space Ritual Vol.2, and Silver Machine comes from Bring Me The
Head Of Yuri Gagarin.