OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Thu Oct 2 09:30:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:27:39AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> you see, sabbath ripped "master of the universe" title so I was THRILLED to
> get a HW track titled "Hole In The Sky", my absolute favorite.......

	Heh :-) If you're collecting that riff, there's a stoner-doom
band of high renown called Goatsnake whose first album, worth it for the
artwork alone, opens with a song called `Slippin' the Stealth' which had
me confused for ages by its strange familiarity... The liner records:
"Goatsnake use only Gibson guitars and Sabbath riffs, because they want
the best!" I haven't placed any of the others, though... Yours,
								Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk