OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 2 09:47:47 EDT 2008

On 10/2/08, Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:27:39AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> > you see, sabbath ripped "master of the universe" title so I was THRILLED
> > get a HW track titled "Hole In The Sky", my absolute favorite.......
>        Heh :-) If you're collecting that riff, there's a stoner-doom
> band of high renown called Goatsnake whose first album, worth it for the
> artwork alone, opens with a song called `Slippin' the Stealth' which had
> me confused for ages by its strange familiarity... The liner records:
> "Goatsnake use only Gibson guitars and Sabbath riffs, because they want
> the best!" I haven't placed any of the others, though... Yours,
>                                                                Jon

*morning jon.....normally I'm not collecting stoner rock these days, but
this forum has caused me to to revisit some, and you make a good sale with
the above....I'm still wanting to check out Matt Pike's High On Fire stuff
that you pointed out...the things I said above were me attempting to stretch
and make something out of likely nothing,,,,of course the Hawkwind "hole in
the sky" is unofficially released and I tend to wonder if the band titled
that or a fan, and the sabbath thing would simply be "of the universe" in a
song title*
*I will go ahead and place a comment here on the band Trouble, whom had
absolutely no quality control issues live in 1990.......cheers*