In reference to Judas Priest's live recording

Tue Oct 7 04:40:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 09:29:08AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> I figure even you are getting pretty far "up there" in years and I better
> get you on this since the chance might go away forever any day now....
> I can't decide weather to let you crack the seal or if I better check it
> since it has a description beyond simple silver, "silver argent plateado"
> which frightens me a bit.....now, you have forum members suggesting that Nik
> hang up the conscious of Hawkwind concept, that means in plain english, that
> there are "bigger fish to fry", so get at it
> NOW

	I'm personally quite excited by the return of Dead Fred to a
stage, and hope for grand things out of it (Maximum Effect reunion! :-)
) but I'd be quite glad to see Nik stop insisting that he *was* Hawkwind
and take this new Space Ritual momentum they could now have and lead it
on into, well, the Otherworld or something. You know? Be a current band
rather than a thirty-years-ago effort.

	However! As the forum's numismatist-in-professional-life, I
gotta warn you Mike that `silver argent plateado' is only someone's
attempt to disguise the fact that whatever the hell object you are on
about is only silver-plated, not the real through-and-through. Caveat
excambiator! (`Swapper beware!') Yours,
					Jon (Latinist and medievalist
for hire)

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk