OFF: Chicago Record Stores

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 9 11:38:04 EDT 2008

oh he's just as good with cd's as vinyl, but soon I will remove his head to
add to my pile of skulls for being too expensive, but I'll wait for john to
shop first......
don't expect sonic attack john, that will likely be an ebay 400+ dollar
affair  (I think my friend Pierre said he got 450 for his)(I will only get
the colored one again, the item won't squeeze into the Space Ritual, so it's
rather useless to me)
sickening for me: Pierre would have GIVEN me ALL his 45's, that included,
had he known I was still in town (he stopped playing 45's)
shit
oh well, he did give me the 2 mintest Dave Brock solo LP's in the world.
none better.

On 10/9/08, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:

> I'm sure I ordered a couple of things (admittedly not vinyl things) from
> VVMO while I was in the UK.  I remember there was a CD by the marvelous
> Romananian band Phoenix that I ordered from them, and they turned out not to
> have, but they did keep _trying_ to get it for me for months before I
> finally gave up!  So, ya know, an "A" for effort at least.  :)
>
> Cheers,
> Carl
>
> On 09 Oct 2008, at 08:57 , John Majka wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Mike.
>> I've spent lots of time in Chicago in the past, and I'm surprised I never
>> knew about Vintage Vinyl, which has apparently been there for ages.  It also
>> turns out to be only a few miles north of the hotel where we'll be staying
>> at, so I'll definitely be visiting it.  Maybe I'll find the Sonic Attack
>> single and can more or less complete my collection ;-)
>> John Majka
>>
>>  I'll be in Chicago for a few days and was wondering if anyone can offer
>>>>

>>> *I _think_ Evanston is just a suburb, but if you can get to it, and are
>>> like
>>> me, don't mind paying a higher price for the better quality stuff, this
>>> guy's name is Steve Kay, and this shop delivers the goods.....but you'll
>>> pay
>>> for them*