OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Tue Oct 14 10:00:03 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 11:04:07AM -0700, Steve Swann typed out:
> Ah Goatsnake.  You know I really need to revisit the ultra-heavy
> stoner rock part of my collection one of these days.  For a while I
> was closely following the development of the Swedish part of the scene
> - Dozer, Ridge, Demon Cleaner, Freedom Bleeder et al (I love bands
> that wear their influences on their sleeve) :) but I kinda got swamped
> with other things and by the time I checked back Black Lodge records
> had tanked and all the bands associated with it seemed to have
> vanished off the face of the earth.

	Well if Swedish stoner is where your head is, as they say, at,
may I recommend the efforts of a three-piece called Satellite Circle,
who are or were the genuine goods. I agree though that that scene has
had most of its day, though Electric Wizard appear to be set for a few
more years yet and Nebula are currently touring as if they'd never
stopped. Dozer were pretty good live. Yours,
					     Jon (always after new
recommendations)

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk