OFF: Ringo just says no so autographing.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Oct 14 12:22:30 EDT 2008

Eh, the dude is like 68 now and must still get just vast quantities
of mail (and fans soaked in the doings of the _Hard Days Night_ film
must still expect handwritten replies!).  I can't really say I blame
him for saying "sod it, I'm knocking it off now". :)  After all, most
people have had a few decades to drop him a line.  Sure, perhaps
artists have some level of responsibility to their fans (for
practical if not moral reasons), but ... I dunno -- I'm inclined to
give him a break.  Yeah, he's totally rich, but he must be blimmin'
tired of signing his name over and over.  I think I would be, were I
him, by now. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--