OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Oct 14 12:32:26 EDT 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 09:00 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> Well if Swedish stoner is where your head is, as they say, at,
> may I recommend the efforts of a three-piece called Satellite Circle,
> who are or were the genuine goods.

Gotta check 'em out!

I do have a track from a Swedish band called Space Probe Taurus
called "Kiss of the Zodiac" from their "Peace, Love, and Satan"
demo.  If those names were enough on their own, listening to the
music (or that track, at least) will confirm your suspicions that
these guys listened to _waaay_ too much Monster Magnet. :)  On the
other hand, since I haven't been completely blown away by most of the
recent MM releases, SPT's faux version is actually pretty good and
pretty welcome.  (_Someone_, I feel, oughta be doing this job if
Wyndorf & Co. of the Moment aren't!).  That said, I've no real idea
what the rest of their output sounds like! :}  Probably worth be
getting back in there to investigate, if only by looking for some
more dodgy MP3s (the chances of a local record shop carrying this
stuff being only slightly less than a full-scale, chart-smashing BOC
reunion album and tour .... ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--