OFF: Ringo just says no so autographing.

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Oct 14 13:54:27 EDT 2008

I went to a Ringo show for $6.00 through Ebay.  He had a great band with
him, for $6.00 you can't go wrong.  My 5 year ol niece wants to know why he
likes to sing about being under water so much.  A good observation.

Cheers,

Kaduflyer

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Carl Edlund Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:23 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Ringo just says no so autographing.

Eh, the dude is like 68 now and must still get just vast quantities
of mail (and fans soaked in the doings of the _Hard Days Night_ film
must still expect handwritten replies!).  I can't really say I blame
him for saying "sod it, I'm knocking it off now". :)  After all, most
people have had a few decades to drop him a line.  Sure, perhaps
artists have some level of responsibility to their fans (for
practical if not moral reasons), but ... I dunno -- I'm inclined to
give him a break.  Yeah, he's totally rich, but he must be blimmin'
tired of signing his name over and over.  I think I would be, were I
him, by now. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--