HW:Hawklords

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Oct 25 19:43:23 EDT 2008

 sounds like a good plan, don't forget you have to hijack some radiostations
too.  I'd be happy to help with that.  In the end, we fans will build a
spaceship to look like a sound stage, give you all you need for your tour
out there, and bring you back, if you haven't turned into starsand decided
to stay out there.  You'd want to play where there are other intelligent
life forms, but that might make it hard to get gigs on this planet.  Perhaps
you could play on the bill with Disaster Area?

Rock on,

Kaduflyer

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of M Holmes
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:02 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW:Hawklords

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> Let's just create a Hawklords album by ourselves, as it should be,
> and without any of the principles. Plenty of futuristic paranoia and
> eloquent rage against the machine. We'll write 16 tracks, throw away
> the worse half, but take the best bits of them to write 4 more
> tracks, and then keep the best 8 or 9 of all of it (since 1 or 2
> tracks will, of course, fly off into spacey jams in the middle and
> probably elsewhere).  Then we'll add a cover of Swindell's "Shot Down
> in the Night" (simply because I think it would be cool).  We'll title
> the whole thing FALCO DOMINATUS, release it in high quality audio
> files for free, and encourage people to burn copies to CD so as to
> sneak them into the bins at record shops for the bafflement of the
> the world at large.  In our ensuing rocket ride to fame and nefarious
> notoriety, we will tour and perform a different song every night with
> Samantha Fox on guest vocals.
>
> :)

Hey. I'm in. I can't play owt, but on a good day I can hack out
something approaching lyrics and an SF backstory for the album cover.

Don't we have bunches of hawkfans stashed somewhere who can do the
musical bit? After all, it's the logical next step from The Hawkwind
Covers Project.

> PS - we shall title one of our new songs "Bring Me the Head of Yuri
> Gargarin", simply because it's a great title that should finally have
> something listen-able associated with it. ;)

Good Plan!

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.