OFF: Re: Heaven and Hell

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 8 16:04:25 EDT 2008

It's interesting to see Dio get his due now. While he was with first with Sabbath there seemed to be so much mudslinging between the Sabbath and Ozzy camps.
I really like "Rainbow Rising" and think it could be interesting if he worked with Ritchie Blackmore again. Unfortunately Cozy Powell's out of the picture and Blackmore's playing renaissance festival music.
Gary

----- Original Message ----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 2:52:38 PM
Subject: OFF: Re: Heaven and Hell

Yeah, it used to be I barely rated Dio-era Sabbath, but I listened to
a lot of stuff in the first time in a long time when Rhino put out
the Dio-era Sabbath compilation (and the few new tracks weren't bad
at all, though I still think the last Iommi solo album, with Glenn
Hughes, had some better stuff).  But then the new live Heaven & Hell
DVD (which, unfortunately, I don't own, but did see before I left the
UK) *really* impressed me.  Particularly for some songs from
_Dehumanizer_, which I had never really liked the sound on, were just
*huge* live.  (Of course, it may help that they´re probably played
live now at least a half-step lower than on the records. :)

Anyway, good stuff.  Leaving the UK, I missed my chance to see the
band in London last December, but I _will_ pick up that live DVD when
next I'm in the States and will be watching for the new studio album
next year.  And, of course, if they come down to Colombia, I´ll go
see them. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--