Dio, Maiden, etc.

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 9 15:31:03 EDT 2008

Carl said:
"Admittedly, Vivian Campbell is justifiably great on "Holy Diver" ...
which just makes it all the more irritating that he's just treading
water with latter-day Def Leppard (instead of giving them the real
kick in the arse they could use)."

I agree Vivian Campbell's talents are wasted in Def Leppard. He's probably made a lot more $ with them than Dio, though.

Carl said:
"It was really Bruce Dickinson's excellent solo album "The Chemical Wedding" towards the end of the  '90s that made me prick up my ears and start thinking there was something to be heard in the classic power metal side of things -- I only started giving Iron Maiden and Dio-era Sabbath some personal auditions after that point."

I only heard Dickinson's first album with "All the Young Dudes." He does have a movie now of "The Chemical Wedding."
Iron Maiden was my first rock concert with Fastway and Saxon. It was the "Piece of Mind" tour. Cue up the mullets and spandex.

Gary