80s Metal

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 10 14:15:55 EDT 2008

For those of you who never got to see late period Brain Surgeons with Ross on guitar, well...  I hate to rub in, but those were MONSTER rock & roll shows.  Al finally had a guitar player for the Surgeons who was a match for his songwriting powers*.  Holy mother of god, that was some of the most kick ass live rock and roll I've ever heard.

Steve

* don't get me wrong, Pete and Billy were great, and Deb .  But Ross had the colossal riffing powers necessary to really carry the Surgeons' sound

-----Original Message-----
From: gary shindler <bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wednesday, Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm
Subject: Re: 80s Metal
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

"Well, they're currently 2ÖC, and have been for quite
Theodore said:

"Well, they're currently 2ÖC, and have been for quite a while.
They actually played in my town a while back and I refused to go
because of that..."

I'd probably still go see them again. A couple of months ago they played an outdoor BBQ festival (I know, insert a snide comment here) and I was tempted to pay even a small entry fee to hear them.
I really wish I'd checked the Brain Surgeons when they came through. Kicking myself over that one. I'm not missing Peter Hammill though (now it's really off-topic).
Gary