OFF: Re: 80s Metal

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Sep 10 14:35:19 EDT 2008

On 10 Sep 2008, at 12:56 , Chris Allen wrote:
>> Curiously, according to this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_and_Hell_(Black_Sabbath_album)
> Geezer may not have been the one who came up with the Harris-esque
> basslines for much of Heaven and Hell, as he'd pretty much left the
> band, only to return for the actual recording sessions.
> I've read this from various sources in the last fortnight, but can't
> put my hand on the other links right now.

Hmm, yes, that's right -- someone mentioned as much here the other
day, to the effect that Geezer was really only involved with writing
"Neon Knights" (so the info at <http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/
heavenandhell.html> claims also).  Though there's a stage banter
comment from Dio on the  recent Radio City Music Hall live Heaven &
Hell gig about the song "Lady Evil" in which he seems to attribute a
significant role in that song to Geezer.  Not sure what to make of
that, really.

Cheers,
Carl

--