80s Metal

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 10 17:38:06 EDT 2008

one of you wrote:

> Now that's one band I never did get to see - this was the days when you had
> to apply for tickets by post, and whether or not they'd sold out by the time
> your ticket application arrived was a bit of a lottery.
> Yes, they got very commercial after Dio left to join Sabbath, and I think
> BOC's 80s material stands up better today.

Remember when (for USA anyway) tickets and ticket stubs were actually
something to collect??  I remember my 78 sabbath one had glitter all in the
lettering.....(and gosh those christians outside trying to save our souls
were a gas, as were the excellent bootleg t-shirts you could actually
afford)
Rainbow....had the "rising" tape.....played it to death
Deep Purple, for me, was, is, and shall always be, IN ROCK and
FIREBALL........
Zeppelin-glad that discussion is not on this forum