BOC: real and alternate histories (was Re: 80s Metal)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Sep 10 23:17:45 EDT 2008

On 10 Sep 2008, at 16:08 , Steve Swann wrote:
> Argh yes, I hate the way Imaginos (due to timing, politics, and a
> variety of other factors) ended up falling through the cracks, and
> becoming (depending on whose point of view you take) either the
> "lost classic" or the unwanted bastard child.  But either way, left
> behind.
> God damn it.
> So, I love your alternate history take on it, where instead it
> becomes the vehicle for their triumphant reunion.  :)

I thought a great album deserved a more powerful role.  :)  Yeah,
when I achieve omnipotence (any day now ...) I'll sort it all out. ;)

Yeah, the timing and all that ....  Reality bites!  Well, so it goes.

Still, as it is, I'm glad Imaginos happened at all.  And given its
bizarre background and creation process, it's really incredibly how
strong it turned out and how well it holds up _20_ years after
release (and longer yet since some of the recording sessions that
survive onto the released version, too be sure).  It's either one of
the best BOC albums, or the best albums that should be (or have been)
a BOC album.  A great album in any case.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson