Off - Wot No Brock?!/ captured rotation

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Sep 17 10:10:38 EDT 2008

Actually, there was a luthier here in Colombia who took some of the
weapons from decommissioned paramilitary groups and turned them into
guitars as a sort of symbolic "swords into ploughshares" thing.  A
number of big-name musicians here keenly took them up, famously
Colombian metalhead-turned-poprock-icon Juanes (who even took one on
his US tour, and was amazed that it somehow breezed through customs
with barely a second look while the utterly normal amplifiers were
scrutinized in considerable detail).

Maybe I can get one of those -- there oughta be enough decommissioned
weapons to go around! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

On 17 Sep 2008, at 08:49 , Steve Swann wrote:
> ..or play gigs with the Hong Kong Cavaliers..
>
> Steve

Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/