OFF: Latest casualty in the loudness wars

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Sep 17 11:10:42 EDT 2008

I rather expected the new Metallica to be outrageously over-
compressed, and what I heard certainly didn't disappoint my
expectation (in contrast with my ears ;)).  Interesting that the
Guitar Hero version is better, though!  I wouldn't have predicted
that.  I wonder what the explanation is (beyond the obvious that the
versions of the tracks sent to the gaming people went out before the
versions for the CD were "smashed to f**k").

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson