OFF: Re: Heaven and Hell

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Sep 18 10:10:18 EDT 2008

Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM> wrote:

"Dio has rocked for a long, long time,
Now it's time for him to pass the torch.
He has songs of wilderbeasts and angels,
He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,
You're too old to rock, no more rockin' for you.
We're takin' you to a home,
But we will sing a song about you."

Now THATS corny, like psych ward or retirement home isnt!

Well ... actually I hope he still has at least the upcoming Heaven &
Hell album in him! :)  It took a _long_ time for Dio to grow on me,
but I've come to appreciate his contribution in the right setting --
which seems to be in the company of a riff-monging genius like
Blackmore or Iommi who can provide sufficient foundational musical
glory to carry Dio's outrageous word-smithing.  Wilderbeasts and
angels not withstanding ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/

I always liked Dio better than Ozzy. I really like Born Again w/Gillan.

Christian

NP: The Strokes "First Impressions of Earth"