OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Sep 18 18:25:31 EDT 2008

On 18 Sep 2008, at 16:36 , mike coleman wrote:
> Seeing them a few years back on one of those annoying monstro tours
> that
> the amercian public causes motorhead to get involved with (you
> know, the
> "ace of spades" people), the one with the steaming brain, where we
> had nice
> "wheelchair seating" thanks to my hope-to-godfully not deceased
> dear missing
> friend Jeff having me wheel him in for some strange reason, I had a
> hard
> time picking out Dave Murray whom I love since he looks like my
> friend Keely
> kinda, as I used to see with green beer bottles a lot, so it looked
> to me
> like they had a new young blonde toothpick???

Assuming we are discussing Maiden Dave Murray would definitely have
been there, having been in Maiden since 1976 or so.  Adrian Smith,
too, as he rejoined with Dickinson in 1999 and remains there now.
You may be thinking of Janick Gers, who joined as a replacement for
Smith when Smith left in 1990 (Gers first play on Dickinson's
Tattooed Millionaire album, then joined Maiden and remained after
Dickinson then left) and has stayed as a third guitarist since
Smith's return.  However, though conceivably a blonde toothpick, Gers
is not _that_ young -- early 50s I think!  Though perhaps that's
still young as the history of rock goes. :)

(In the 90s, while both were out of Maiden, Smith teamed up with
Dickinson for Dickinson's AOB and TCW albums, and associated tours.)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson