Astoria 2006 DVD Out Here We Are

Mon Sep 22 10:55:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:42:19PM +0100, Steve Freight typed out:
> Just been watching this and have to say the more I hear OHWA the more I like
> it.
>
> It was my fav track from TMTYL and if this had been a part of Electric
> Teepee it would be hailed a classic. As it is, it is probably derided
> because people seem anti TMTYL.
>
> It is to me one of my fav laid back tracks by the band and easily beats Blue
> Shift etc.

	I also like this one, but I am a sucker for Alan's big synth
chord washes of soft noise. It does however suffer from the `lounge
jazz' break in the middle. I think my favourite of all Alan's HW synth
pieces is indubitably `Elfin', which is just beautiful, but part of it
is the way that it develops into `Silver Machine' on _Love in Space_.
That's going to be one of the most valuable pieces of this supposed
reissue program... Yours,
			   Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk