OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Mon Sep 22 16:52:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:22:48PM -0700, gary shindler typed out:
> I remember thinking Judas Priest were a joke when I saw them with
> Megadeth and Testament. Halford was stalking the stage like he was a
> member of Run DMC (before he came out and left). I think their bass
> player hid through the whole show.

	A little while ago, my brother bought me Judas Priest's
_Painkiller_ as a birthday present. I... can see how people like it, but
it makes me cringe with embarrassment except in a very unselfconscious
mood. Drummer's excellent, though, in the style. Anyway, the thing is,
Halford's singing's silly but competent--but there's also some live
bonus material, on which he sounds *awful*. Was he always like this or
did they just have a very thin selection of material to use as bonuses,
do you suppose? Yours,
			Jon

ObCD: Space Ritual - _Otherworld_, which I only just got and which is
confusing me by being not bad enough that I'm not entirely certain it
might not be good. A terrible string of negatives, but I was truly
expecting it to suck, and it fails to do so. More on this I expect...
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk