OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 22 17:05:26 EDT 2008

On 9/22/08, Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> \       A little while ago, my brother bought me Judas Priest's
> _Painkiller_ as a birthday present. I... can see how people like it, but
> it makes me cringe with embarrassment except in a very unselfconscious
> mood. Drummer's excellent, though, in the style. Anyway, the thing is,
> Halford's singing's silly but competent--but there's also some live
> bonus material, on which he sounds *awful*. Was he always like this or
> did they just have a very thin selection of material to use as bonuses,
> do you suppose? Yours,
>                        Jon

*before the great eruption and the fate worse than death, I bought (much
of) Priest remastered stuff, and I tried to listen to something the other
day, and I had to eject....Priest is just too silly-ish for me now, HOWEVER
being that I need no human to tell me how to think, and that I usually think
different to anything human, I must provide my usual strong opinion*
*1) Judas Priest "Stained Class"....mandatory, classic, will not end up in
neighbors parking space*
*2) Black Sabbath "Sabbotage", as above, and "Never Say Die" sticks to my
heart*
*otherwise thank you for reminding me to play "Otherworld" again.....*
*Nik is a god, and he works hard*

ObCD: Space Ritual - _Otherworld_, which I only just got and which is