OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Brad Dahl dahl at WIRELESSBEEHIVE.COM
Mon Sep 22 21:48:41 EDT 2008

> *1) Judas Priest "Stained Class"....mandatory, classic, will not end up in
> neighbors parking space*

Amen.  This is my all time favorite metal album.  I love the songs, the
production, the performances... not a weak link anywhere here.  When it came
out, I made a cassette of it and took it to Pacific Stereo in Covina, CA and
put it on their best system in their listening room and spent the day there.
The staff there finally made me leave when they realized this kid wasn't
going to buy anything, even though I kept flashing my American Express card
so they thought there was a chance.  A desert island disc for me.

> *2) Black Sabbath "Sabbotage", as above, and "Never Say Die" sticks to my
> heart*

Sabotage is my favorite Ozzy Sab album, even with the weak "Am I Going
Insane" tune.  I'm still trying to figure out how the singer in my first
band pulled of "Symptom of the Universe".  Must have been the cocaine.

Brad, in Utah