OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Sep 23 10:20:02 EDT 2008

On 22 Sep 2008, at 12:14 , mike coleman wrote:
> On 9/22/08, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
>> Ah, Trouble!  _Manic Frustration_ is my favorite of theirs, I
>> think ....
>

> *I don't have that yet!!!!  but I will get it now!!!

I do recommend _Manic Frustration_.  Solid stuff throughout, IMO, and
the slide into the chorus from Donovan's "Atlantis" at the end is
just an added bonus.

I don't think the follow-up (and effective swan-song) _Plastic Green
Head_ is as highly regarded, and truly the original songs are not as
strong that go around -- but I will always enjoy it even if only for
the _awesome_ cover of "Porpoise Song" (from the Monkees' _Head_
soundtrack).  There's a cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows", too, which
is actually pretty great, but I think eclipsed by "Porpoise Song".
(Though I have always been a not-very-closet Monkees fan. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson