OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Sep 24 01:54:05 EDT 2008

I loe Rondellus' version of "War Pigs"by Rondellus is awesome , my fave song of their CD!  "Atlantis" by Donovan was a staple at parties at our house when I was a student way back in the early 90s when we were peaking hour meeting in the Trip Room on Acid!
Hawkwind was always played too.

Yawn

Its morning and I got high two days ago. Someone gave me a gram of hash y'see.

Christian

----- Original Message ----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Tuesday, 23 September, 2008 16:14:54
Subject: Re: OFF: Re: Dio, Maiden, etc.

On 22 Sep 2008, at 20:48 , Brad Dahl wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure out how the singer in my first band
> pulled of "Symptom of the Universe".  Must have been the cocaine.

I'm presuming that's the only way Ozzy managed it. ;)

Sepultura did a solid cover of SotU in what is now back in the day,
though I was always disappointed that Max didn't tackle the "clean
sung" bit at the end; it was just a vocal-less acoustic outro in
their version.  And there is, of course, the marvelous medieval Latin
re-imagination of the track as "Symptoma Mundi" by Rondellus, which
is virtually a cappella. (Whenever I listen to it, I keep waiting for
them to break into a little frame-drum groove or something, but of
course it never happens ....)

Cheers,
Carl

--