OFF: Drives and backups (was: Re: +++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man isolator+++)

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Fri Sep 26 03:22:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:09:40 -0400, Mary Sullivan wrote
> You're way over my head, I simply need to find out how to back up.
>  Chris ws horrified when he saw my crashed disc.  Any guidance would
> be helpful.

Assuming your computer's got USB ports, just get an external HD. If you don't
care about reinstalling the OS, just copy the stuff you want to back up over
to the USB HD, otherwise use back up software. If you do go for that, then do
test the restore procedures.

Gr,

Arjan H