HW/NIK: new albums compared (was OFF: Dio, Maiden, etc.)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Sep 27 22:17:15 EDT 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 09:36 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> Something similar here, and this is very strong evidence
> to my mind that HW should really stop producing records in a barn and
> Pro Tools...

Actually, I think it's possibly more important that _HW_ stop
producing their _own_ records.  I'm sure one _could_ produce a
perfectly decent record in a barn with Pro Tools -- _if_ one knew
when the hell to stop messing around with the blimmin' mix!

Even a small handful of cooks can make a mess of the soup if they
have continual access to it and keep chucking more and more random
ingredients into it over the months or years they keep it simmering. ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson