If you pirate music, you're downloading fascism!

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Fri Apr 3 05:48:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:19:27 -0400, Paul Mather wrote

> Secondly, it  appears to turn the P2P approach entirely on its head
> by forcing all  traffic through the VPN instead of... peer to peer.
> That's kind of  dumb for a P2P application, or at the very least,
>  not very scalable.

You could, rather than just setting up a tcp connection for p2p exchange,
build a VPN first, then set up the tcp connection through the VPN.

Or the VPN could be used for client-server traffic only, then you'd only need
one VPN.

Not sure why you would do either, though.

> [*] Is it just me, or does this appear to be a rather unfortunately-
> named service?  It's easy to read it as iPredator: the online
> service  for Internet stalkers, predators, child molesters, et al...
> :-)

No, you're right. This ain't the smartest of choices.

Gr,

Arjan H