best fan recorded shows

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 6 22:59:22 EDT 2009

You know at one time I would have said that I couldn't accept a
recording below a certain sound quality.  After all, I'm in it for the
music, so I have to be able to hear it...  And yet.  What I've found
in managing to download torrents of some older show is that when the
performance is good enough, that theory goes out the window.  For
example, a recording of the Stonehenge free festival 1981 that I
managed to pull down a torrent of.  The recording is bloody awful,
tinny and distorted, but the performance was really inspired - I was
transfixed listening to it, and my brain just started auto-correcting
for the deficiencies of the recording...

So, does anyone have an opinion on the notion of us converging on a
torrent server (with an appropriately ethical trading policy that
follows the band's guidelines) and starting to share some of these
older shows?

Steve