best fan recorded shows

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 7 10:01:36 EDT 2009

I'm not advocating Dime necessarily.  Although the required ratio is now only 0.25 btw.  :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Tuesday, Apr 7, 2009 9:21 am
Subject: Re: best fan recorded shows
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 07 Apr 2009, at 00:41 , john-paul wrote:
 i tried using dimeadozen but its so complicated ( to me anyway )

Yeah, I found dimeadozen quite "user surly". I'd download a show and
keep it available for torrenting from my machine, but then no one
would stream it from me, and so my ratio would suck, and then I
couldn't download anything else!  I tried uploading a show or two as
well, but some things had tracks that had been released on some
obscure compilation that I'd never heard of (which usually takes some
doing!) and so the torrent would get yanked, or I would successfully
upload a clean show, but then my ratio again would barely break 1.0.
So I've kind of given up on dimeadozen.  Hell, they managed to make
bittorrenting _harder_ for me than ordering a CD, which is not easily
done! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--